September 28, 2009

Totes, totes and more totes

On Friday after work I started cleaning out a hall closet. This closet is add in the way it was built and so, not knowing what to do with it I started tossing stuff in it. Its above the stairs to my basement so in order to accommodate the stairs it has stairs itself. Which make 3 different levels of storage space in it. Its a deep closet because of this. So After I emptied all the contents into the living room I measured all the "steps" and headed to Wal-Mart.

After purchasing $100 in totes I went home and started filling them. Hubby came home and helped out too. Because of all the room we made in the closet, we had room to store kitchen appliances that we don't use very often. I don't think my kitchen counters have ever been so clean.

On Saturday I went back to Wal-Mart and spent another $100 on totes to organize two more hall closets. My linen and coat closets. I also bought 2 extra large totes to store blankets in.

My house feels very organized at the moment. I am trying to get rid of things I have been saving for "someday I might need them". I am a huge pack rat and no longer want to be. I have 3 more upstairs closets to go through and 3 down stairs and a downstairs bedroom. I am hoping to tackle those in the next few months. I need to save up some more tote money.

I spent Sunday on the couch with the hubby enjoying one of the last weekends together before hunting season is fully underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know right! Wait... What?